Quote of the Moment:

Love is a seed: it has only to sprout, and its roots spread far and wide- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bolder Boulder


Waiting to start.

Genevieve going strong.


We made it!

The Bolder Boulder is a big deal in Boulder. It's a 10K (6 mile) race that happens every Memorial Day. The race goes right past the first apartment Paul and I lived in. We've always watched the runners and walkers go by. This year, Lia and I and my friend Julie and her daughter Genevieve walked it as part of a baby wearing group. It was rough at times (Lia started getting cranky and I started getting tired around mile 2). But we rallied, Lia slept for a couple of miles in the middle, I got a second wind and we both finished strong. We had a great time and I'm really glad we did it. If this becomes a tradition, maybe Paul can carry Lia next year! Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of you-it doesn't sound easy to lug 17 pounds around for 6 miles. Go Katie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete