Quote of the Moment:

Love is a seed: it has only to sprout, and its roots spread far and wide- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Climbing


Uh, oh! We have a situation here. Lia has discovered climbing. She likes to hang on our bathroom sink and swing like a little monkey. Yes, I let my daughter hang perilously while I ran to get the camera and take a picture of her coming down! Am I a bad mother?! Now she thinks it's an acceptable thing to do. Lia has also climbed up on chairs, our little side table and most recently the couch. One day I was in the kitchen while Lia was playing innocently in the living room. Next thing I know, she's sitting by Monkey in his spot on the couch! Monkey is no longer safe! Although I applaud her learning new skills, I don't think I'm ready for this. Child proofing has taken on a new meaning. At least she hasn't learned how to climb out of her crib yet!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you in the coming days, Katie. Andrew is a climber. He has been since before he could walk, and as a mother, it's maddening. I fear constantly for his safety, and I also go a little crazy because nothing of mine is safe either. We have everything under lock-down in this house! You have to know the secret code just to get a bowl of cereal! He can even scale the front porch railing. One time I walked away from him on the porch for maybe 30 seconds, to the shed in our back yard. I locked the gate before I left, but when I turned around, I found Andrew standing beside me! It's amazing to see how quickly they become agile, but I recommend stocking up on some wine for yourself to calm your nerves after she goes to bed! ;)

    ReplyDelete